Saturday

First Stop: Paris

When I bought my plane tickets I intentionally chose a flight with a long layover in Paris. So on Saturday, May 23, I dragged my jet-lagged rear to the train from the airport into the city and wandered around for a few hours. I didn't plan much for this part of my trip, and now I wish I had, because I kind of just roamed aimlessly with no map, and I still don't really know what all I was seeing and photographing.

Pictured here is the fountain at Place Saint-Michel, which was really close to the area where I popped up out of the Metro station. (I guess that would make sense since I got off at the Saint-Michel stop).

I also wandered past Notre Dame but decided against going in because there was a crazy line for entry. No hunchback sightings... probably because Shamane hadn't arrived yet. Anyway, I had more fun watching a girl who was feeding pigeons while I wondered how long it would be before she got crapped on. I also enjoyed a stroll through the Jardin du Luxembourg.

I found a really nice little garden to eat lunch in, next to a church called St. Julien le Pauvre, in the Square Rene Viviani. I decided if I lived in Paris I would eat lunch there every day. Maybe it wasn't as pretty as the Jardin du Luxembourg, but I liked how quiet and private it seemed.

I can't wrap up my post about Paris until I show you a picture of my favorite statue on Notre Dame. Wish I knew who he was. His companions look somewhat concerned for him, which is understandable, but he looks at peace with his situation.

1 comment:

  1. I'm guessing John the Baptist??? (beheaded)

    ReplyDelete