Saturday

Quick stop in Germany

From Paris I headed to Hannover, Germany for a brief visit with my sister Debbi and her family (well, most of it; Josef the birthday boy was out with his friends). I was pretty much just there long enough to eat supper, drink a glass of wine, and get a good night's sleep. Didn't even really have time to take any pictures, though I did take a few pictures of the main train station the next morning after I arrived in Bremen to catch my flight to Florence.

As I waited at the airport for my flight out of Bremen I got to talking with a fellow passenger. He asked what I had been in Bremen for (not much, just passing through) so I explained to him about my sister and how she ended up living in Germany: that she had fallen in love with a German guy ("That's normal," he said with a laugh) and that she liked Germany better than the United States ("That's normal too").

By the way, do you remember hearing the Grimm fairy tale about the "Bremen Town Musicians" when you were little? That story originated in Bremen, Germany, and they have a bronze statue in the town of the four animals stacked up on top of each other. If you don't know the story, you should. It's very common. You can google it.

1 comment:

  1. Funny - I was thinking of the Bremen Town Musicsians before I even scrolled down to that part - I loved that story when I was a kid! :)

    ReplyDelete