Thursday

How I ended up in Italy by myself

It all started as a joke. I mentioned taking a trip to Italy to a group of friends... and so many of them seemed excited about going that I thought, Why not? I have always wanted to see Italy. I started to think seriously about it. I got to the point where I was sitting on go, waiting for someone--anyone!--from the group to tell me to book it. Then on Thursday, April 2, at 9:27 p.m., I was chatting about the trip with a friend. We were talking about how I hoped somebody else would commit to going, when I think I had an epiphany. What was I waiting for? I could do this by myself. I decided I was going No Matter What. I gave my group seven days to decide if they were going or not, then bought my plane tickets. A week later no one had decided to go with me, so I booked hotel rooms for one!

No comments:

Post a Comment